Monday, January 5, 2015

I left my heart in.........

San Francisco

One of my room mates when I first went to college could sing, "I Left My Heart in San Francisco", in a deep baritone, and with such feeling, it would make Tony Bennett shed a tear. 



















Aside from loving the song, there has been little over my vast number of years to draw me to the city....until I actually ended up there for the month of December 2014, and the Christmas season.






As I turned the curve on Highway 101 that brought the Golden Gate Bridge into view, I was awestruck. Add to that, the view of the city beyond the bridge , and I had to somehow wonder why it took so long to come here.  






I was not prepared for the grandeur and charm that awaited me within this incredible old city. 







































The beautiful San Francisco Bay, the many bridges crossing into the city, the cable cars, the steep streets, 






































the drive and the walks through Chinatown, 







not to mention the views of the city from atop Twin Peaks, all conspired to bring new meaning to the song, and the city that it is about.


I'm sure everyone that has visited San Francisco comes away with different impressions. These are some of the scenes that made memories for me. I hope you enjoy them.  

Views from Twin Peaks





























Approaching City Hall Area


The Dickens Christmas Fair



Windmill in Golden Gate Park

A Great orientation Drive


One of the many Restaurants along Fisherman's Wharf















Palace of Fine Arts


























Christmas Choir at Ferry Building





























Listening intently to the "Dark" story of Alcatraz on the boat



















Alcatraz Island (The Rock)
Dog Walker
Homes of San Francisco

Nighttime in San Francisco


We never tired of the night views




1 comment: