Saturday, March 15, 2014

Dallas


March 13, 2014 - Dallas, Texas

Our first few days in Dallas have been spent catching up on visiting with family. This week is also Texas spring break week, so we have had more time to get together.

Aside from locating a source for getting propane for my auxiliary tank, setting up Jo's weather station, and meeting with a satellite tech for a simple repair to my Dish system, things have been quiet around the motorhome.

Photo Shoot
 

I have been getting my thoughts organized for my next photo-shoot, which I hope to do on a trip to a nearby town. I suspect this trip will revolve around quilt shops.

The weather right now is warm and comfortable with sunshine and temperatures in the 70s. All the lakes are low due to drought. I'm told this may also effect the Blue Bonnets that should be popping up soon, but the predictors are still saying that Texas can expect a good season for wildflowers, especially in the Texas Hill Country. We are planning a side trip to the Hill Country for a little later in the month.

A slight risk for strong storms is predicted this weekend. Hopefully some much needed rain will arrive with it. See our Tornado Tips page on the website for more information on RVing and severe weather.

Disc Golf
 

One afternoon this week I played a round of disc golf with my niece and brother-in-law. On the first round, at least, I was not plagued with as many 3-putts as I usually am with regular golf.

There is not much to buy in equipment, just 3 or 4 discs for the various shots, and a bag to carry them in. You will need a driver, an intermediate or two, and a softer more pliably putter. The courses are usually part of a multi-use park of some type and are free. I may be hooked!   Fun and exercise in one.  What's not to like?

                                                            (back to) RVing LTD blog

 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment