Wednesday, June 4, 2014

"World's Largest"

June 4, 2014
 

"World's Largest"



 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Casey, Illinois seems to have a thing for the "World's Largest Things".
 
The first of that type, Jo, and our friend Paulette found in a yarn shop. The World's Largest Knitting Needles are found in a front corner of the shop where they can be viewed from the front display window.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A few blocks down the Main Street I found the World's Largest Wind Chime. It is equipped with a pull handle where you can pull a large cable and cause the clapper to move around the large tubes and sound them off. The long, oversized tubes emit deep base sounds and are not at all unpleasant. (I just hope that if the wind is making them sound, I am not in the area – I'm thinking hurricane force winds might be necessary)


 
 
 
Across town, I found a golf course which features the World's Largest Golf Tee. Indeed it rivals the surrounding trees in size. I heard later that the World's Largest Golf Ball is being prepared to sit on the tee.



I was contemplating what might be next, thinking perhaps the World's Largest Baseball Bat. Since
the town is named Casey, the poem, Casey at the Bat came to mind. I saw no evidence of any planning in that direction, however. Maybe I should make a suggestion to the "World's Largest Town Council"...........??

I turned a corner and came upon a sign "World's Largest Rocking Chair coming soon". The rockers are finished and if they are any indication as to size, the chair will indeed be quite large. Rocking Chair......seriously??





Casey, Illinois seems to be a fun loving little town. I enjoyed my visit. I look forward to dropping by again, just to see what new "World's Largest........" has been added.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment